Wednesday, 20 January 2010

It's On with Alexa Chung

So.... firstly, apologies to anyone who's wanting a short post, this is probably going to be epically long because I haven't written on here for quite a while and have been gagging to somewhat. And..... I have a photo of myself!! I'm sorry, I am going to try and get better at actually remembering to take photos, it's just it's so difficult to get a half decent photo the effort of attempting just often seems too much. But thanks to the boyfriend, I have a half decent photo for you..... (much as I love my sister she seems to have the shakes like an alcoholic when it comes to taking photographs)





H&M dress, M&S stripey top, Oasis waistcoat, M&S tights, Office shoes, scarf my mum bought for me in Paris

So, I wore this outfit today so I could wear these new loafers I got through the post this morning.... I know I said I was planning on getting some brogues, which I still quite want to, but I saw these on the Office website for £20 and really liked the star detailing.... and I thought it's still a pair of masculine shoes with which I can attempt to wear with my girly stuff. I was trying for a bit of an Alexa Chung look today, I've been trying to get this whole masculine/feminine contrast thing for AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....... but it's just really hard! It's not hard to do in theory because it's one of those things that comes up in magazines all the time, but I find it really hard in practice. I think it's maybe because the people you normally see wearing it are somewhat stick like and have legs up to their elbows... I feel perhaps I have too much boob and arse to be trying to do this. But oh well, I have given it my best shot. Was attempting to 'grandad' up my girly frilly dress with the loafers and the knitted waistcoat, and make it look a bit rocky with the skull-print silk scarf.... would be grateful to hear what you guys think, I'm never sure whether it looks alright or not. These loafers shall have to be a work in progress. On another entirely random note, I bought some really pretty cake shaped soap yesterday.....

Unfortunately however I haven't got to enjoy it yet, because our boiler is currently broken and I had to snatch an electric shower whilst the man was away getting a part and not in the bathroom. I think it was the quickest shower of my life. Also, MY HOUSE IS BLOODY FREEZING. Your breath actually condenses in the kitchen.

I've got a real urge to watch Ghost World at the minute, after reading Tavi's post about dying her hair- unfortunately I accidentally left it at home. Damn. However, I do have the comic book with me, and the DVD of Coco Before Chanel which I got for Christmas. Seeing as my exams are now over and I'm off for a week or two, I am planning to watch it and hopefully get some sewing done after I've ordered my machine. Excitement at the prospect of having my own sewing machine at university! *waves hands around*


Also, on a final note, I read an article about Iris Apfel last night.... that is EXACTLY how I want to be at 88.... she blows my mind.


Ooh, and I should be wearing my new dress out tonight.... I'll try to get a half decent picture, but you know, three in one day could be asking for too much!





No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?