Saturday, 6 February 2010

Back to Basics

Oh dear. So people, I have a little dilemma.... my camera is broken. I was turning it off and the lens got stuck halfway as it retracted. Now I can't switch it on. I'm hoping that new batteries or fully charged ones may heal it, but for the moment, this shall have to be an outfit-less post. Which is good probably because I'm not wearing anything magnificent, otherwise known as.... I need to do some washing. I've been thinking that I needed to buy a new one anyway since this one is 4 years old and hopeless at actually taking a picture in focus, or as described by http://www.digicamreview.com/; ' If you intend to take any photos indoors then this camera is definitely to be avoided!' Urm..... that was sort of my plan, yes. However, being a poor student I can't really afford to buy a new one at the moment. Although, if anyone has any suggestions for good cameras under £100, any help would be most appreciated! Perhaps I'll just have to live off rice for a month or two. Sooooo, I have actually been meaning for a while to do a post on something else for a change other than me posing like a loon, and after reading a blog post somewhere talking about spring basics I thought I'd wade in with my twopenny on the issue. The thing is, I've never really been a person who's bought into this whole '12 pieces your wardrobe can't function without' kind of thing. Especially trench coats. I've just never got it. Sure, I'd like to look like Audrey Hepburn, but the point is, when I put a trench coat on, I just look a funny colour because of the beige (nudes are a trend I resolutely refuse to adopt or even attempt) and look somewhat matronly because it makes my breasts and arse look somewhat humongous. I've never quite understood why they are so apparently vital to a woman's wardrobe. Likewise, I have a pair of black trousers but have only worn them on perhaps 5 occasions, which were probably funerals or something equally thrilling. White shirts don't fill me with huge excitement, although I did use to wear a lot of shirts in the summer since I don't like showing my arms, and I do find shirts useful for layering under dresses/pinafores. I only have one pair of jeans, which I only really wear when I'm slopping around the house. Although saying that, my denim skirt and dress are pretty indispensable, although I broke the skirt zip several months ago, and really REALLY need to buy a new one. I keep having to wear tops that are long enough to cover my bulging crotch. Anyway, moving on from that, I basically just don't think this idea of a basic wardrobe is a good one, or one which inspires a lot of creativity. I'd much prefer to have ridiculous printed skirts which require some time to style in the morning rather than just throwing on a white shirt and black trousers from my Gok prescribed 24 piece wardrobe. Although I feel somewhat bad for saying all of this, since I watched Coco Before Chanel yesterday, and obviously Coco looked fabulous in her simple dresses in comparison to all the frills on the other ladies. Although I do quite like the frills. But anyway, I think my point is, that I'd prefer to be doing something a bit different. Perhaps just for the sake of it, which may seem pointless to some, but it's just the kind of person I am. Long may the ridiculous skirts continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?