Saturday, 15 May 2010

Choo Choo












So, I decided to dress like a Victorian schoolchild. Some of my favourite films as a child were ones set in the late 19th century/early 20th, such as The Railway Children, The Secret Garden and A Little Princess. I know these photos of The Railway Children don't look terribly like my outfit, but I think you can sort of see the inspiration. The sailor pinafore-ness, and the white tights that look a little Alice In Wonderland, and the black Mary Janes. I basically wore this because I really wanted to wear these new tights, but hadn't really found anything that worked with them, and I'm still not entirely sure that this outfit does. I also amped up the girliness by wearing my mirror pendant and cameo ring. Is it a bit sad that I really like how the trim matches on the dress and jacket? I shall take some more photos of this jacket at some point, I bought it because it reminded me a lot of this Luella one. It's got some hook and eye detailing and dungaree fasteners like the ones which featured heavily in the A/W 2009 collection.

So people, what do you think of my efforts with the tights?

3 comments:

  1. i KNEW you wouldnt be able to resist posting :) ha, the jacket is practically identical, you basically hAVE the luella one. just some brass buttons and Voila. wooo to the tights, I see the charm, maybe it could work with some pale pinks and/or whites? love you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is too cute! I really like it with the tights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, the tights are cute! I like it a lot and wish I had a similar pair.

    PS - email me if you want to talk about my 'AA style'.

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?