Thursday, 6 May 2010

Shopping and sausages

Laura Lees dress via charity shop, Vampire Bunnies cardi, M&S tights, Schuh shoes, Accessorize hairband, I can't remember where the bangle's from, it might be Claire's Accessories


So, this is the crowning glory of the charity shop haul yesterday. It's a Laura Lees dress, which I know retail for about £60, but I got it for £6! I love it because it's actually got some sleeves, and is quite a decent length. It's also pretty damn comfy, apart from the fact it is a little tight on the bust, which is why my breasts look somewhat trussed up- because they are. I like the bib detailing on the front and it's also got a pretty little slit and button to do it up at the back. Also, the amazing embroidered details!! That's what makes the dress so awesome. I would have worn the blue tights I've been wearing recently with my blue skirt, but unfortunately they weren't clean and so I had to make do with these purple ones. I decided to amp up the tattoo-ness of the embroidered patches by teaming it with my sailor cardigan and new button earrings. I feel perhaps I could have styled it up in a less twee way, but I was in a bit of a rush earlier and just thought I'd go overboard on the girlishness instead, because it's a lot easier. Anyway, I'm going to go now and enjoy Channel 4's Alternative Election Night; although I may go and cook some sausages first. Yum sausages.... yes, definitely going.


3 comments:

  1. The dress looks awesome! I like your hair bow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to click on your post - Shopping and sausages ;)Though a piggy lover, and not a sausage nibber, it tempted me some how.

    I love the dress, such a find! uber cute. I managed to get a skirt in the Top Shop sale, the dress is much prettier. I thought the skirt fabric was exclusive, it has bobbins of thread and sewing theme goodies. I spotted the fabric on etsy a little while ago.

    I love the shoes - <3 red shoes.
    Hope you've had a fab weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet dress, the tights are awesome as well. You always look so put together in your outfit posts.

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?