Saturday, 22 May 2010

Tick tock pocket watch






M&S tee shirt, Fat Face skirt, Oasis knitted waistcoat, Dorothy Perkins trainers and necklace watch, Papa Pique et Maman Coud hairclip

Ok, so I realise this is my second post in a day; well, actually technically not, but I haven't gone to bed yet, so whatever. After wearing a completely nondescript outfit this morning to drag myself along to my exam in, I had a shower when I got back and got into something a little cooler since it's turned out to be a bloody hot day. I also wanted to show off my new watch that I treated myself to yesterday because of exams ending. I bought a similar necklace watch from Topshop a while ago but it wasn't anywhere near as big and didn't have all the lovely detailing that this one does. I particularly like the little beads on the chain, and the little black bow. I'd love to have a proper antique pocket watch, but until then I suppose £18 ones from Dorothy Perkins will have to do. I've found my summer dressing dilemma re-emerging today; the problem is, once it gets to the point where I can't wear layer upon layer and tights and tee shirts and cardigans I tend to feel like my outfits get really plain and boring. I don't know, I think this is just a seasonal hazard. So I'm trying to go for some kind of boyish simplicity at the moment in the hope that it looks a little deliberate and not just like I'm trying to not melt in all the bloody sunshine. I added the knitted waistcoat since it provides some interest as an extra layer without adding too much warmth. I also love the slouchy comfiness of it. I would wear it more often, but because of it's length in the winter it's a little difficult to wear, since it pokes out of the bottom of my jackets which looks a tad strange. But it's one of the best things I've bought on sale; it only cost £5 and is always quite helpful when summer once again rears it's ugly head. Trust me, I like sunshine, I just don't like too much heat and the way it makes me wear things that make me feel kind of uncomfortable with my body or a little boring. Anyway, I'll stop ranting. However, I may have found the solution to my sandals dilemma, but more on that tomorrow, I shall devote a separate post to the joys (!) of summer footwear. Now time for bed, 'tis been a long day for little Hat-Tat.
Also, please excuse the way in which my tee shirt in the third photo has attractively scrunched up around my belly. I don't particularly like posting pictures that make my belly look like a great big wobbly mess, but it was the best photo. I hope you people appreciate my suffering for my art.

2 comments:

  1. I love the watch!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your necklace is so great!
    P.S. I do wear heels a lot, but I always take flats in my purse. And most days I don't have to walk a ton. :)

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?