Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Now you see me, now you don't...otherwise known as adventures in front of a wall.

Right everyone, I'm telling you now, this is going to be one humdinger of a post. It might go on forever in fact. But that's what I get when I don't post for a week; it's my own fault! I would try to split the posts up but there isn't any way really. So, here goes my epic Clothes Show London post-



M&S dress, House of Holland for Pretty Polly tights, Topshop scarf, Urban Outfitters necklace

So, this is what I wore on Friday to the Clothes Show. Unfortunately I'm a silly muppet and completely forgot to get Kathy to take a picture of my new charity shop dress on Thursday, so you shall have to see that another day. Probably good because it means the post will be shorter!

However, you may notice something missing from the first photo.... WHERE ARE KATIE AND JOE? Because people, sometimes life is a bitch. A horrible bitch who conspires against you to stop you meeting your heroes. Katie and Joe weren't there on Friday and instead were there on Saturday. And grateful as I am for the Clothes Show tickets, and I got some fantastic things while I was there (and saw Dave Berry 3 times in the course of the day, and I swear I saw Michelle from Skins), the main reason Kathy and I went was to meet Katie and Joe. Not to sound like crazy stalkers or anything, but I am so in awe of these two. Katie's style is so amazing, Joe is so funny and witty, and I just love the idea of them as a couple, they're just so perfect. But unfortunately our meeting was not meant to be. Perhaps one day... now I'll shut up in case they come on here and think I'm completely mental and never allow me to comment on their site.

If any of you have ever had a nosey at my Looklet page (find a link at the top of the page in the sidebar) you will notice somewhat of a recurring theme. In a lot of my looks I use Tatty Devine jewellery. I can't help it, I have somewhat of an addiction. However, in reality, I don't actually own any Tatty Devine, despite knowing about the brand for several years. The thing is, the pieces are quite expensive, and I've just never got around to ordering anything off their website. So, when I found out they were exhibiting at the Clothes Show I was naturally very excited, and marked it as one of the stands where I would spend the very little money I was planning on taking with me. I wanted to get a couple of pieces from them and was very pleased to see that they had 20% off on the 'Best Of' collection, which contained both the pieces I wanted to buy. Top of the list was a pair of these bad boys-


ARE THESE NOT THE FUCKING COOLEST THINGS YOU'VE EVER SEEN??!! I have wanted these for SUCH a long time. I'd even considered trying to make my own with some cheap glasses but thought it wouldn't be the same. Although thinking about it now, I could do it if I took the arms off.... hhhmmm, things to consider. Because, as it turned out I didn't get exactly what I wanted. They hadn't got a pair out on display so I asked the very nice lady if they'd got a pair buried under the table. When I got back she gave them to me but alas, they were the smaller ones! But she'd attached the chain for me since they didn't have them in an assembled form, and I didn't have the heart to tell her I wanted the bigger ones. And she gave them to me with an extra reduction since they were on a silver chain rather than the usual black. So I have the smaller pair, which are not quite so awesome but are still pretty cool. I may treat myself to the bigguns at some point when I've got some money, maybe my birthday in a couple of months.

So, here is the necklace in action. It's teemed with a Topshop tee shirt I've had for a while but don't wear very often because it's a bit of a funny length, but I just plonked it on anyway. I might cut it at some point. I had to wear it because it was just too good a combination-



Topshop tee shirt, Urban Outfitters skirt, Office brogues, Tatty Devine necklace


See???? Ah ha ha, too fucking awesome!! Is it sad how happy wearing this made me? I thought all you amazing internet people would understand. And I had to take the close up shot of the necklace and tee shirt on the bed, because if I ever try to take pictures of my chest area myself I make my boobs look humongous. The skirt is also a recent buy from when my mum, sister and I went to look at universities. I managed to get a look around an Urban Outfitters store which was pretty cool. Lots of nice librarian/Alexa type loveliness. Although much as I love their stuff, I do think it is overpriced and also is really aimed at people with the figure of a twig, not so much me. But I bought this skirt because it's one of those really comfy stretchy ones again, and I don't actually have a plain black skirt, which seems a little ridiculous. The other thing is, despite it being stretchy clingy scary territory, because of the detailing across the front it actually kind of hides my belly and accentuates my hips quite nicely.

Also, I finally managed to get a haircut which you might be able to see in the photos... back to being all nice and black and lovely! Right, going now, this post has taken forever. But I hope it's been worth the wait!

And I've just remembered I haven't mentioned the other Tatty Devine necklace I bought... another post Hattie, another post.

2 comments:

  1. May I suggest a much paler background. It is difficult to read with the bright pink all over my face.
    Love your blog and your post.
    Sacramento from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfits-like the bow necklace :) xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?