Monday, 20 September 2010

Alice at Anthony





































vintage dress, Boden shirt, H&M cardigan, Hispanitas shoes, Dorothy Perkins watch, ring from Clothes Show in Birmingham


As you may be able to tell from the sunshine and bare legs in these photos, I have been meaning to do this post for quite some time. I promise this shall be the last Alice In Wonderland related post for a while, unless something else demands my attention!

So, a few months back, I visited Anthony, the National Trust property where they filmed some parts of Alice In Wonderland. The house is only about 45 minutes from my house, and I know quite a few people who were extras in the film. Damn university pulling me away from Plymouth!

I knew that the National Trust had arranged some extra fancy bits around the place but I didn't know exactly what to expect. I was running around the gardens like an excited schoolchild trying to find all the installations. I particularly loved the giant mushrooms. They also had this amazing 'Rabbit Hole' slide- if there were no kids around I would have sneaked a slide!

The house itself wasn't that exciting really to be honest in comparison to all the cool stuff in the gardens, although this teacup was too awesome. They'd also preserved Alice's room that they used in the film. The slates they'd put out for kids to write on as well made me smile (but that's because I'm a little on the ridiculously broody side, but let's not indulge that any further).

I wanted to wear an Alice inspired outfit but didn't want to look really sad and fan girly, so went for this more subtle (I think!) ensemble. Not really much to say about it... that makes a change!

I'll leave you to look at the coolness that is Anthony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?