Wednesday, 22 September 2010

And now for something completely different....

Today I tried to do something. It was an epic, EPIC failure.

After looking at Cheap Thrills, and Sea of Shoes, and Isabel's post about her high heeled Dr Martens, I decided I wanted to wear something dramatic. And layered. And with my heeled Dr Martens. And incorporating knee socks.
And I wanted some more interesting photos than the ones taken from that most obliging bookshelf (I'm not slagging you off bookshelf, I love you really. You allowed me to stop showing the toilet in my posts.)

This is what happened.







H&M dress, belt, and bangles, Next cardigan thingy, M&S tights and socks, Dr Martens boots, Topshop ring

Or, as my dad described it- Tinkerbell's Satan sister.

I was going to go on about how I need to break out of a rut of looking too safe and really want to look a little more edgy, and be a little more like my 15 year old self in not giving a shit...

Turns out it was all the bad bits of my 15 year style that came out today.

And as much as I'm trying to adjust to the socks, I CANNOT get over the unflattering-ness. However much I love them. I'm going to keep trying, but I may soon have to let that style dream die the quick dignified death it's been craving.

As for the more interesting photos???

My thought process earlier....

'I can't take them in the main house, I look far too edgy/gothic/crazy emo Tinkerbell (I didn't know that at that point)... I know, I'll take them..... IN THE SHED.'

Which, despite having lots of available spaces to balance cameras on, proved to be a nightmare. Cue lots of photos like this-



It also really smelt like cat wee.

I think no more needs to be said of this awful experience. Hopefully some giggles may have been produced at least.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed at the cat wee bit! And the outfit looks great, although I know what you mean about the over-the knee socks - I look simultaneously about twelve and a hooker if I try it!

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?