Sunday, 5 September 2010

Wiggle walk





Dorothy Perkins tee shirt, M&S Autograph skirt, Topshop tights, Jasper Conran at Debenhams shoes, pearls a birthday present


What with my recent purchase of MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and my attempts to wear it every day, I've been wanting to dress a little more retro the last week or so. I'm also currently growing my hair and it's the longest it's been since I was about 15. I've been attempting to style it in some way or another and massively failing; but thanks to Kel I recently discovered the wondrous roly poly, which I can use to style my hair in up dos whilst it's at this really awkward in-between length. Coupled with my discovery of Aubrey London YouTube tutorials, yesterday I attempted putting my hair up. It worked pretty well other than that the roly poly was too long for my head, and covering up the ends was pretty fiddly and quite messy, hence that lump by my ear. I'm also going to do some work experience in the House of Commons the week after next for my local MP, and so my mum and I were attempting to buy me some clothes that were vaguely suitable for the work place. Above skirt was a purchase made with this in mind. I thought I'd try and wear it yesterday when I went out with my parents for dinner. I really enjoyed dressing like this yesterday; in fact I'm considering having full on fifties days as a regular thing. Comfortable it was not, but I felt pretty damn confident and I'm sure I can't be mistaken for 16 in this outfit! Anyway, let me know what you think- is retro Hattie a good look?

4 comments:

  1. Love the outfit and your tights are brilliant! The 50s look really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 Retro-Hattie, she should have her own comic strip ^__^ Very nice outfit lovely xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! <3

    I totally think you should do 50s themed outfit days, the style suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the tights are lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?