Saturday, 9 October 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE.


dress- Dorothy Perkins, cardigan- H&M via charity shop, belt- Laura Ashley via charity shop, M&S tights, Faith shoes

I think I may have fallen in love today.

I'm totally going to muck up the chronology of my posts, since this is from today and I've still got stuff to show you from earlier in the week, but fuck it. I have to tell you about this dress.

I happened to stumble into Dorothy Perkins yesterday, despite the fact I have hardly any money at all right now (the initial student loan magic has worn off- sad times). I basically did it because I'm a wreak of girly hormones and wanted to just have a nosey. I had a look through the sales rack and stumbled across above dress. Despite it's colour (I usually have an unnatural aversion to anything vaguely neutrally such as khaki, brown or beige) I thought I'd give it a try since I've been trying to find more floral vintage style dresses.

So I took it into the changing room, not expecting much, especially with hormone goggles, but as soon as I put it on I knew I had to have it. It just does the most incredible thing to my figure. Although I've felt like I've had my boobs out something crazy all day and have been terribly self conscious at times, I just love what this dress does to my chest and my waist. And my bum actually. Usually with these kinds of dresses I sacrifice something in that the top half looks good but the bottom is a little on the large side; not with this one however. I feel like we were made to be together. I even like the colour, especially with the flecks of lilac and pink. I think perhaps khaki suits me better than I thought.

One slight problem however is the sleeves. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I never show all of my arms; they're somewhat on the flabby side and are just best hidden under a cardigan or some three quarter length sleeves. I'm debating attempting to add some extra sleeve myself to just cover up the widest bit of my arm, although I think I may be too in love now to even attempt to unpick any of this beautiful beautiful thing. We shall see.

Apologies for the state of my room. Still haven't managed to get to Argos to buy more clothes storage (on the to do list for tomorrow). I must go to sleeps; it's 3.08 in the morning but I was just too excited to not post this now. Night everyone. Hope you have great weekends. And you don't think I'm too self absorbed (actually, I write a fashion blog, on some level I AM definitely self absorbed).

3 comments:

  1. That's truly a fantastic little dress, looks lovely on you! It's a great cut and love what's going on with the pattern!
    As a student myself I believe us to be relatively frugal types and thus utterly deserving of the odd treat!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the dress, and the cardi is really cute too! In fact I'm pretty sure I nearly bought it when they had it in a while back but they didn't have it in my size anymore. Fingers crossed I'll have a good charity shop find too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great dress! it suits you a lot! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?