Monday, 15 November 2010

Sunglasses, spots and suspenders





first outfit- vintage dress from charity shop, H&M jacket, Dr Martens boots, Pilgrim necklace, Accessorize beret, Claire's Accessories gloves


second outfit- Fashion Temple jumper from local boutique, H&M skirt, M&S suspender tights, ASOS brooch, ancient Topshop earrings, Dorothy Perkins hairclip, boots and gloves as before

I told you I'd been getting my 80's on. Don't really know what to say about the first outfit other than I got some weird looks that day. Second outfit appears less interesting but has many more exciting details. This is a new jumper that I splurged on the other day (£24.99! Much more than my usual charity shop £5) but I desperately need some more jumpers/cardis to keep me warm. I do admit that I probably own about 30 cardigans (I have a bit of a problem), but not many of them are that thick or hence warm. I liked this jumper because of the bat wing shape and the sleeves, and to be honest, it's just so damn comfy. It's also got these little pearl buttons going down the middle of the sleeve that look very pretty, and I think would allow the jumper to be worn in a less 80s way because it puts it just the right side of retro. Other exciting new purchases- suspender tights!! I've been wanting to get some of these for ages but just hadn't gotten around to it. Imagine my excitement then when I found out M&S were selling a pair! They did cost about £10, and I put a ladder in one pair the first time I put them on, but I've learnt to be more careful with the second pair that I'm wearing here. I especially like the little bows on them. I've only worn them a couple of times, and actually with things like this skirt that cover the tops up, but I find something thrilling in the fact that people can't see them necessarily until the wind picks up my skirt a bit or I sit down. They're also really damn comfy, and the bottom bit is 60 denier so they're really warm! I might try and get some more when I go home for Christmas perhaps. And finally, I thought this sunglasses brooch I got from ASOS for £1 would add a nice bit of extra 80's kitsch to the outfit.
Ooh, and one other thing, I've recently discovered the joys of the stats tab (don't ask how it's taken a year for me to notice it's there) and was pleased to find more people than I thought look at my posts, it's just not many people comment. I really love getting comments and feedback on stuff so if you're reading, please leave me a little note! It would make my day.

5 comments:

  1. It's so nice to finally find someone else from the blogging world in Wales. I love the tights in this post, and how well you pull of DMs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit! i adore that tiered polkadot dress!

    xx raez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some cute outfits. Love the skirt. Thanks for sharing the images of everything else too and drop by me when you have time.

    Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is just too freakin' cute! I love that sunglasses pin so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute nylons! and I especially love the sweater skirt combo


    Paolina Alexandra
    check me out!

    http://calurvillade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?