Sunday, 14 November 2010

'You look a bit mad, and French.'



first outfit- Dorothy Perkins shirt, Laura Ashley skirt via charity shop, Dr Martens boots, old braces of my dads!

second outfit- Primark jumper and Motel skirt both via charity shop, M&S tights, Schuh shoes, braces as before, M&S beret

Title is my boyfriend's judgement on second outfit. He obviously does not get irony in clothing.

I like to think I've been being a bit adventurous with my clothing of late, even if I am somewhat restricted by the fact it's bloody freezing so layers are a must! I've been wanting to wear braces for quite a long time (some of you may remember my attempt in the summer), and decided to try once again after seeing someone around town wearing them. In the first outfit, I was going for more of a lumberjack look, although to be honest I don't think wearing this skirt tucked in is great- it makes my belly look somewhat huge. I look a bit pregnant! The second outfit isn't terribly flattering either to be honest, my boobs are too big really for the braces and stripes,but oh well. Screw it, I liked wearing it anyway.

I was thinking of doing a little separate post on this but it seems a bit silly. The lip colour I'm wearing in the second picture is the new MaxFactor Lipfinity Lip Tint, and it's really really good. Much as I've been trying to wear lipstick, I wanted to give this a go to see if it was easier with not having to do touch ups and such. Although it does require occasional touch ups, it gives a really good strong colour and is so easy to use- it's basically a big felt tip pen, and you just draw it on. I went and bought a second one in another shade the day after I bought the first one, it was so good! They're currently on special offer in Superdrug at the minute for £4.99 so if any of you are debating buying one I would definitely recommend it, especially for such a good price.

Apologies for doing all my posts in pairs at the minute. I just seem to keep wearing outfits that go quite nicely together, and seeing as I have somewhat of a back log, it seems sensible to do it like this. Do tell me if you prefer it like this, or with single outfits. I feel perhaps doing it in pairs means I don't ramble on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?