Monday, 13 December 2010

Hair identity crisis


Can you tell any difference?
One of these pictures I took today. The other is from about 5 years ago.

This is the current dilemma I find myself in growing my hair. My hair hasn't been this long since I was about 15, and I can't help feel that as soon as I put those old glasses on it's like 'BOOM!' and I've travelled back in a time machine. I realise it's not as long as it once was, but in the intervening 5 years I have had two other haircuts;




Can you understand why I'm finding all this hair a little strange now in comparison?

The thing is, both times I cut my hair I did it in a conscious effort to look more 'grown up'. And also because I was somewhat bored of looking like every single other teenage girl. And while I do want to grow my hair, and am planning on attempting at styling it this time round, (although the quality of the styling can be debated- I do remember at such times when I'm backcombing and teasing that this may have also been a reason for having a fairly manageable haircut!) I just can't quite figure out how I feel about having longer hair again. I'm not entirely sure how I want it either which is another slight problem. Although there is perhaps hope on the horizon- I hope you can see in the top photo that I've managed to get some form of texture into it with the help of Toni and Guy's Blow Dry Styler, so I'm hoping that I may be able to get this eventually-

MAGICAL KATE NASH HAIR OF MY DREAMS. But in blue black obviously.

I hope this has been at least a little entertaining, and not just horribly self indulgent. I just thought I never talk about my hair, and thought you might find it interesting (or not, if so feel free to tell me). Is there anybody else out there suffering somewhat of a hair identity crisis whilst growing their hair??

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the whole hair crisis thing. When I was about 13, my mom gave me this talk about how I had to layer my hair. I was so angry because I felt like she was saying there was something wrong with it! So, I layered it in various styles for many, many years until now. Yep, at 28 I have pretty much the same unlayered hair as I did at 13, sans the bangs. And you know what? I'm okay with that!

    I think your hair looks really cute in the picture where you're wearing the tie. It also looks good in the current, top pick. Of course,it's nice long, too. Oh dear. I'm not being much help, am I?

    And don't worry about being self-indulgent! I think as bloggers, we just have to accept that it just comes with the terrority :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! i hate cutting mine because hairdressers never get it right. but with summer here i'm suffering a bit with long hair. sigh.
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx
    take a peek at my $100 gift card giveaway while you're at it!

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?