Thursday, 2 December 2010

Vintage and vegetable curry soup


vintage skirt, really old H&M tee shirt, Topshop lace shrug, charity shop necklace, belt and shoes

Terribly exciting news. A charity shop in Aberystwyth has recently started selling vintage clothing. Now I know for a lot of people a new vintage shop isn't a revelation to their shopping life. However, to me, who has about 1 vintage shop in the entire vicinity at home (and I don't go there very often, because the lady who owns it is a little scary and witchy, and to be honest it's pretty overpriced) and no vintage shops at all at university, this is rather exciting. I bought this skirt about a month ago now, but just haven't gotten around to doing the post until now. I loved how well the skirt went with this necklace I bought in Oxfam in September which I hadn't been able to wear with anything thus far. I'm not sure if you can see in the photo but I'm also wearing a black lace shrug over the tee shirt for some added texture. I know there's probably many more exciting ways to wear this skirt than just with black, but I haven't quite figured them out yet. Please bear with me. To be honest, my outfits at the moment are mostly consisting of how many layers I can physically wear in one go, it's so damn cold in the UK. I'm pretty fed up of it now. In good news though, I am now all done on the essay front, so should be able to post a lot more frequently, which I'm really looking forward to. I have a few posts planned which I'm quite excited about. I always feel like I should make this blog less about my outfits and a little more varied; I'm hoping to do that soon. Hope you're not all terribly bored with my staring at the floor and so forth.
Ooh, and I've started volunteering at afore mentioned charity shop. Cue lots of chats with little old ladies :)
I'm going to go now because my boyfriend's got terribly lurgy and I need to go and attempt to convert a vegetable curry I made a couple of days ago into soup. He's asked me to do it; I'm not sure if it's going to work. I'll let you know what vegetable curry soup tastes like :)

5 comments:

  1. the print on that skirt is so beautiful!

    http://illustratemypillowcase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt! Absolutely beautiful! I just bought a lacey blazer-style jacket today and I have a feeling it will make everything nice and interesting. xxx Comtesse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one fabulous skirt! A new vintage shop is exciting wherever, and even better if you work there and can get first pick of all the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of vintage shopping! It'll change your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning outfit and love your header!

    you remind me of lily allen a bit :)

    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?