Sunday, 16 January 2011

Mushy chests and make up





Topshop blouse via charity shop, ancient H&M jumper, H&M skirt, M&S tights and shoes, Amelie Blaise ring, DIY headband

Firstly I apologise for my slightly weird stance in the first photo. Don't know what was up with me there. Despite having Kathy and her amazing DSLR to take pictures with, I still cannot pose properly. Oh dear.

I bought this Topshop blouse because it reminded me so much of Luella's Spring 2009 collection, but it just doesn't look good on me. It makes my boobs look all weird and mushy! So I layered it under a v-neck jumper hoping this would improve the situation. I don't think it does really. I still look lumpy! Perhaps this blouse shall have to find it's way to a more deserving suitor.

I've been experimenting with tying bits of fabric in my hair recently, partly inspired by this tutorial. I may try and do the top curls thing at some point but I think my layers are just too short. I'm still trying to learn how to style my hair properly; at the minute all I can seem to do are my 15 year old defaults of messy buns or ponytails!

Also, since I am currently not buying any clothes, I've been playing around with make up a bit more. The lipstick is a Rimmel one (Colour Show Off in 220 Shocking Pink) and is really good. The colour isn't quite right in the photos of me,even with some editing, but in the single one of the lipstick I think the colour is pretty close.

I've also included a photo of this new foundation I've been using. Up until this point, I had been using N07 Intelligent Colour foundation, which was quite sheer. I don't really need a lot of foundation since my skin is pretty good, but I have got these really red cheeks that I don't like. I think they just look too overpowering if I'm wearing lipstick and tend to perpetuate this whole 'I look like a 15 year old' dilemma. I bought this foundation in the hope that it might give me better coverage and it does, without making it look like I'm caked in foundation, which was a look I wanted to avoid at all costs. I'm really pleased with it and how it evens out my skin tone. I'm almost Dita Von Teese porcelain! (OK, so the freckles might be a slight obstacle)

That's enough blabbering for now. I should be revising, what with exams being 2 days away. That's probably why this post sounds so rushed. Just thought I'd slip in this post before they start. Probably won't post again until Thursday. Hope you all have good weeks.

18 comments:

  1. Love the headband and the nail polish !! Is it Barry M Cyant Blue ?? Because it looks really similar to my barry m colour !!

    http://livinginwonderlandx.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, good luck for your exams! The lipstick is LUSH and the blouse looks cute, would be nice to see it on it's own. Thanks for the lovely comment on my last post too. Everyone's kind words really put a smile on my face plus new hair cut wooo =)

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the headscarf and bright lipstick! your blog banner is so darling! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your style! MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEH!!!!!

    <3, your creeper/secret admirer

    p.s. JUST KIDDING IT'S ME KAILA YOU DON'T KNOW ME BUT WHATEVZ THAT'S FINE LET'S BECOME FRIENDS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loove the color of your nail polish! so beautiful! and your headband, ring and the color of your lipstick too.So yeah i love pretty much everything i see here.especially the header haha it's cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, best of luck on your exams! I'm having mine this week, as well and I'm such a nervous wreck...

    Your polka dot tights are so darling though! I've been looking for a pair like yours for what seems like ages.

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lipstick is a great colour and your boobs don't look "weird and mushy" (though kudos for using the phrase "weird and mushy" - what;s not to love about that?). Also enjoying the colour/pattern clashery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really quite like your colour of nail polish - very lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! (I sounded soo American there, sorry!)Your on Looklet too!
    I am, I didn't think I'd find anyone on here with an account!
    I'll visit your page and write a comment! hehe!
    I'm all giddy now!
    Anyway, great post, I love your blog so cute, espesh the header!
    How about we follow each other?
    I'd love to carry on rambling!
    xo
    Freya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I've just realised, what's your name (duh, stupid me!), as the link above doesn't work?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!

    just thought id say hi cos i found your blog. its awesome! i have a very similar one! but your clothes are much funner =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That lipstick colour is gorgeous on you! By the way I am also kind of in love with your fringe. It is exactly what I was after when I went to my hairdresser's last, but he kept chickening out and saying 'ooh, I like it longer' so I never got my dream fringe. Next time I'm going to make him cut it properly though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I've actually got my shorts pulled up quite high cos they are too long in my opinion (haha) so they aren't actually as short as they look.


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your ring is lovely and I love how you did your make up x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your border of music in your room, looks amazing!
    I like foundation with loads of coverage but recently I've been wearing e.l.f tinted moisturiser just for the day and it's pretty good and only £1.50!!
    I'm from Wales too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely outfit!!!
    cute lipstick
    xoxo

    http://mishuella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?