Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Please read this post (you have to get to the bottom before you'll realise why)
I have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award thanks to the lovely Hannah at Bow Dream Nation. It's really nice to have some recognition of my little corner of the blogging world. Now I have to reveal 7 things about myself, urm....
1. I have recently become addicted to Radio 4 thanks to my boyfriend. It's so fantastic because you just have it playing it in the background but you learn so much.
2.I have Konnie Hug's autograph from my 12th or 13th birthday. The CBBC roadshow came to Plymouth and I managed to ambush her on her way to the Lighthouse... I'm still very proud of that!
3. I am a complete and utter sucker for any type of accent. Whether it be Scottish, Irish, French, (although thinking about it not so much the Welsh accent!) I will probably fancy said person.
4. I have only seen one Star Wars film, and I was forced into watching that by my boyfriend and male housemates. And to be honest, I thought it was pretty crap!
5. I have a rather large collection of rings- I just counted and the one's which are on my ring stand total 21. Although I know there are a fair few lurking around because I have a tendency to leave them in pockets and handbags.
6. Right now I have purple painted toenails.
7. I have a real aversion to squidgy food, like custard, mash potato or jelly.... absolutely hate it! Trifle is my worst nightmare!
Well, I hope those weren't terribly boring and at least a little entertaining. Now I have to pass the award onto 7 other bloggers...
1. Lauren from Someone Like You
2. Anna from Wonderlander
3. The Comtesse de ferveur
4. Stella Rose at Confessions of a Female Drag Queen
5. Becky-May from The Flower Girl
6. Fritha from The Fish Tank
7. Marlena at Self Constructed Freak
Quite a few of these are fairly new discoveries, but my old favourites of Wonderlander and Self Constructed Freak are in there too. There's quite a wide range of different styles within the 7, so go ahead and have a nosey, see if there's anyone you like.
One last thing. The Elle Internship competition is probably being mentioned by every single blogger out there. Whilst I know I haven't said this previously, I hope one day to have a career in fashion journalism. I haven't said anything before because to be honest, so does pretty much every fashion blogger, and I just thought it was somewhat irrelevant and rather boringly generic. However, I have entered this competition and would be really grateful for your votes. I'm not going to nag you about for days, because I hope the competition is judged on talent rather than how many people you coerce into voting for you. But if you wouldn't all mind it would be great to have a bit more visibility. This would be the most fantastic opportunity for me, what with finishing uni in a few months and not having much of an idea how I'm going to begin as a fashion journalist. I may slip it in again in one more post, but for now that's all I'm going to say as to not bore you senseless. And thank you all in advance.