Wednesday, 2 February 2011

I should watch some Wallace and Gromit again.

This is just a very quick post; I have only just got back from Birmingham, and am absolutely cream crackered knackered. I bought this snood today, after wanting it for a couple of months now, but refusing to pay £27 for it;


I had been looking at it on ASOS this very morning and calculating the price if I used my student discount on it; imagine my delight when I went into River Island today to look at something else entirely and there was a little label attached to it declaring it had £10 off! It was fate! It's sitting round my neck happily as I type. Hopefully I'll have some pictures for you soon.

And this was what I had in fact gone in to examine;


Oh, look at it! It is BEAUTIFUL. I saw it when I went home the other weekend, and as much as I love it, I just can't justify spending £40 on it. It's not leather, and although I adore the clasp purse feature at the top, it doesn't look very sturdy. I could only put stuff through that very small opening or into the side elasticated pockets. I don't know how to explain it, but the large part is elasticated at the top, and the clasp bit is attached and sort of slots into it. The basic point is that it doesn't look like it could withstand a lot of wear. And so, I left River Island with the snood instead of the bag. If another discount comes along like the one with the snood, I may buy it, but right now £40 is just too much. We'll see. Hopefully fate will intervene in a positive way again.

I'm really busy at the moment with the start of term kicking off, and am away in London this weekend for a friend's 21st birthday. You can imagine how gutted I am that I have no camera for said occasion. I still don't know what I'm going to do about it. I may have to brave the embarrassment of telling Jessops staff that I dropped it in the vain hope they may be able to save her.

Also, 48 followers??!!! Where the hell did you all come from?! I feel quite, quite proud of myself :)

Shall hopefully post next week with pictures I may have filched from my friends. Hope everyone has a good remainder of week and a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. The snood is lovely, as is the bag such a pretty pattern!! Good luck with uni


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snood is lovely - the pattern and colours in it are really lovely, and what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I know exactly how you feel! I have been watching Asos every single day for one blouse that is 30quid.. it's not horribly too much, but I know, JUST know it WILL go down! So I just keep checking it's still there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really lovely bag, but you're right, I don't think I'd pay £40 for a non-leather one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted a comment and the internet ate it ARGH! I was just saying how i discovered your blog through a google image search ('tatty devine fox necklace' to be exact) and your image just really stood out to me!

    RI is so expensive, but i like the idea of a snood. I just buy in there during sale time and hopefully nab some lurex socks!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came just to say hello, and steal your bag, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    So fabulous!!!!
    Besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?