Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Lollipop lollipop




M&S tee shirt, tights and shoes, H&M skirt, Dahlia jersey cardi, Cache Cache denim jacket (bought in France), Topshop scarf in hair, Tatty Devine necklace, Disaster Designs handbag, rings from local jewellery shop and earrings from Claire's Accessories goodie bag

Guess who got the best news ever today??!!! MY CAMERA IS FIXED! A wonderful person from church offered to take it into their workplace (he does something with computers that I don't quite understand) for ones of his colleagues to have a look at, and now I've heard back that it's all functioning and lovely again! I won't get her back until Sunday, but I am pleased as punch with the news. Hence probably why I actually bothered to wear a decent outfit today!

I also had what I felt was somewhat of a great blogging idea last night... I have decided that I am going to embark on a project where I have to wear all of the items in my wardrobe. Not in a certain amount of time, but I am going to dig up all those long forgotten items in an effort to rediscover their beauty or to decide that this is really the point at which to part with them. I shall also be on a shopping ban until I have succeeded in utilising all of my items. Hence today's outfit, which consists of a few forgotten pieces. I am rather ashamed to say I have never actually worn this Dahlia cardigan after buying it at the Clothes Show in Birmingham for a bargain price of £10. Shame on me I know. I also received this bag as a birthday present last year and have not given it the attention it deserves, which I'm sure is partly because I used it almost straight away when I did my work experience at Westminster; but after lugging my laptop around in it, I was a little terrified to see that the stitching was coming away from the fabric on the handles slightly. However, if I don't use it at all that would be more of a waste than it needing repairs in the future! I also bought this Tatty Devine necklace last summer at the Clothes Show in London, but haven't really worn it at all because there was a slight problem with it falling into my cleavage. However, the kind ladies at Tatty Devine gave me an extension chain which I have now attached and the necklace can be worn without me looking like some deranged Lolita. The headscarf is also a really old one from Topshop that I never really wore as a scarf because it was a bit too thin. I have now discovered however that it's true vocation is a headscarf!

(Ooh, and one other thing- I haven't rediscovered these rings as such, but I'm pleased they are finally appearing on the blog- they're the first proper rings I ever bought about 4 years ago and I absolutely adore them.)

Right, I'm going to shut up now, because this post is somewhat horribly rambley and gushy anyway. And there is a small matter that I should be writing a Politics book review right now. Although it's not due in until Thursday, and it's only 1000 words. So, apologies for this post still being quite incoherent, but there's a decent outfit at least. Finally, how could I feature this necklace and not post this??


Cue me singing this for the next few hours whilst I write about the depiction of the Holocaust in 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas'. That will be a weird combination.

Ooh, and just to say, thank you to everyone for your kind comments on my last somewhat whingey post. 

5 comments:

  1. Love your cute outfit and the necklace is quite excellent. I absolutely love all Tatty Devine stock basically.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a brilliant idea...trying to wear everything! I started doing that with my jewellery and it's really nice to rediscover something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat's a great idea! I think that is the one I could do :) And then see that the ones i refuse to wear, I just have to get rid of. You look so beautifully cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously?! Where's the announcement? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! You think they would've picked someone with no or very little experience. Like you said, discovering someone new, not someone who's already done loads of work with magazines. Oh well x

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?