Friday, 25 February 2011

Stars and staples


H&M dress, tee shirt and earrings, M&S tights, Office shoes, Dorothy Perkins ring

So here are yet more old gems from the wardrobe. This H&M dress is about 5 years old; I really adore it but don't wear it that often because the colours in the 'flowers' are actually really difficult to match, and I always just end up wearing it with black, which I feel doesn't do it justice really. Oh well. Here it is anyway. I also adore these shoes, but they are hideously uncomfortable; also, whilst wearing them out yesterday, the heel cap on the left one caught on a paving slab and ricocheted off! I am going to have to take them to the cobblers and hope he can fix them. The earrings are also really old H&M ones which I love because they look a little like massive staples, but they're pretty heavy so I don't wear them that often. I've only really been able to wear them again recently now my hair's that bit longer.

Also, another gem that is back is my camera! I'm so happy to have her back, and you'll all be pleased to know the first thing I did once I got her back was to order a tripod! No more falling off shelves for me! Right now Kathy's been kind enough to lend me her old one until mine arrives in the post.

I'm not going to show you today's outfit since I am in the sloppiest outfit ever due to the fact I really need to do washing and I went out last night and got to bed at about 3! My union had a night on called Ginesis; the basis being that they sell all types of gin and have a Phil Collins tribute act. It was a really great night, but I am just so knackered now! I also have very sore feet from a LOT of dancing in heels. And one other thing; blackcurrant gin is the nicest thing ever. It's like alcoholic Ribena!

I'm planning on having a lazy weekend after my rather busy last couple of weeks thanks to book reviews and dissertation research. I just had a lovely shower and used some Aussie Heat 3 Minute Miracle since I've been doing a lot of straightening and backcombing recently. I'm really looking forward to just being able to get some stuff done that I've been wanting to do for a while now. I'm going to make some fairy cakes, since I have tons of eggs and butter at the minute, and am also hoping to finally get started on one of my dresses. I also need to do a mountain of washing!

On a slightly rubbish note, the winner of the Elle internship was announced yesterday. I knew there was very little chance of me getting it; I'm just a bit bummed out because it turns out the winner has a degree in Fashion Journalism, and I thought the whole point of the competition was to find some raw un-nurtured talent. Oh well. I'm still really proud of my entry and thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Sorry, one more thing to ramble about- I was thinking about perhaps starting a feature called 'Feminist Friday' where I'll write a short piece on something that's perhaps come up on the news, or general feminist issues. Much as I love fashion, I do actually think about more serious issues, and I thought it might be good to have some representation of that on the blog. Let me know what you think; would you like to read me rambling about women's rights as opposed to shoes for once?

Sorry for this rather text heavy post; I'll shut up now! There are fairy cakes that are waiting to be made! Have lovely weekends everyone.

8 comments:

  1. I love the shoes - so cute!

    I'm sorry about the competition, it's always annoying shame when things go to people who seem to have it all already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like text-heavy posts! Not too heavy that I collapse under the pressure but thoughts are good. :)

    Obviously I think Femminist Friday is a great idea, but I was never going to say no to that was I?
    I look forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't get an internship, but remember what Tyra always says- you'll get rejection after rejection, but it will only make you stronger and help you succeed in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyra also has been known to say "You have the gift of androgyny" but maybe that's less helpful in this situation... Anyways, Feminist Fridays sound FABULOUS ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all Ginesis night sounds like a totally amazing idea and blackcurrant gin well all I can say to that is yummy!! Love those shoes, they are too cute!! Feminist Friday sounds like a wonderful idea, definitely looking forward to reading your posts =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?