Thursday, 24 March 2011

Boom.



Dorothy Perkins striped tee shirt, M&S cardigan thingy, Topshop skirt via Ebay, M&S jacket, tights and shoes, really old ASOS necklace

This skirt arrived in the post last week. I really like it apart from the very obvious problem; it's way too short. I should have known from previous experiences with Topshop skirts that they are nearly always obscenely short, but I got carried away by the bow love. It was so short that when I sat down it rode up and went all horribly and wrinkly, and I had to have my jacket draped over my legs all night. But seeing as it is a lovely skirt, and only cost me £6 on Ebay, I think I shall try and lengthen it, probably by stitching some red velvet ribbon around the bottom. I'm not sure how well it will work but it's worth a try, because at this length I'm really not going to wear it. I feel like one of those chubby girls wearing something they really can't get away with. It wasn't helped by the fact that I didn't have any plain black tights left at the time and so had to wear these sheer spotty ones. I'd also pulled a massive hole in the crotch whilst putting them on and was worried the skirt was going to rid up to reveal it! Ah, I'm so glamorous. I'm sure you all love hearing about my holey crotches.

Also, I really like this new spotty blazer I got in M&S at the weekend for £25. I haven't got many smart jackets and I thought it would go really well with my pencil skirt, for all those scary job interviews and things I may have to be going to soon *aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh* Bit more interesting than just a plain black blazer.

And apologies for the photos being so awful, I took these at about 2 in the morning after coming back home after an English social.

I shall attempt to get photos of an outfit soon where I'm not flashing my thunder thighs.

12 comments:

  1. Topshop stuff is always ridiculously short. I end up looking in the tall section even though I don't qualify as tall.
    I do love M&S, I think most young people don't even consider them when thinking about clothes shopping but I've got some great stuff from there. Especially shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. Definitely crack out your awesome sounding apple earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blazer, definitely perfect for those scary interviews :D & I know you don't like that skirt, but it looks fab on you, i'm especially loving that cute bow at the back :)


    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog ... beautiful dresses, your tights are adorable...
    Kiss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful dresses, your tights are adorable... kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh i barely buy stuff form topshop but a friend of mine likes wearing them but yeh their skirt tend to be toos hort. Nevertheless i love this outfit, i think the tights are really cute and yay for stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos! :)) like it!
    come to me and follow if you want.
    have a nice day!
    xoxo
    plaamkaa:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. really lovely outift and pictures :0

    hope you'll visit/follow
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the bow detail on the back. And the blazer is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, you definitely do NOT have thunder thighs in that outfit. And secondly, this is the first outfit I've seen you post that I would wear too (it's Tash from PHS btw - I'm not just a random stranger insulting you - and yes I read your blog regularly :P. Which makes me wonder if I've become more kooky or your dress sense has become more Tash-esque since going to University (I sincerley doubt the latter). Anyhoo I went out yesterday in a (shortish) skirt with a bow on the back, a striped t-shirt and an m&s blazer!!! I definitely think the outfit works for you and compliments your shape very well (I might be biased because I have a similar outfit though...) Oh and *loving* the MAC lipsticks you talk about in previous posts. We must catch up soon, lots of love, Tash xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of adding ribbon to lengthen the skirt - I tihnk it will look great - and be so individual as well!

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?