Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Turn my swagger on (lols!)










ancient Oasis dress, bought from an outlet for a fiver, Chilli Pepper zip up, New Look scarf in hair, M&S tights, Converse trainers, earrings a gift

Whilst at home this weekend, I discovered this zip up jumper thing languishing in a drawer. I must admit, this is probably one of the most under worn items of clothing I own. I bought it about 5 years ago when I was working in a shop that sold Chilli Pepper clothing. At the time of buying, I wore jeans a lot more and was more casual generally; however, even then, I couldn't seem to get over the slight chavviness of this jumper. Despite absolutely adoring the print, the white colour plus the zip up collar just looks a little.... let's just say a little Kelly from Misfits, because I can't think of a better example. My boyfriend told me today that I looked a little pikey, which was a lovely bit of encouragement. But since I paid about £40 or £50 for it, and adore the print, I have never been able to get rid of it. I saw it yesterday and decided to shove it in my bag to bring back in an attempt to reclaim it.

I tried to style it in a sort of 80s way, a bit trendy Cher Lloyd chav, if any of you know what I mean?? (I don't like all of her clothes, but I do like the headscarf thing she has going on) I was planning on doing this tutorial, that I saw on Fritha's blog, but couldn't really be bothered in the end. It might have looked a bit better with that, but oh well.

I also really wanted to wear my new MAC Rebel lipstick I bought (well, my mum did, thank you!) at the weekend. I'd been considering it for a while, but couldn't figure out whether it was more of a plum or a pink; I thought I'd best wait until I could get to a MAC counter and have a nose for myself. It turned out to be a fantastic fuchsia colour that I absolutely adore,and goes perfectly with the magenta lipliner I already have. You may see a lot of this lipstick in future posts, I love it!
(Oh yes, and apologies for the ridiculous over-exposure on the picture of my face, but that was the one that best captured the lip colour, the others I took were far too pink)

Also, apologies for no Feminist Friday last week. Silly me forgot I wouldn't be able to do the post at home without my laptop. I had a lovely weekend at home, although I am still rather sad to be back. I've just got to get on with my work the next month or so, before I get to go home at Easter. Ah, the joys of 3rd year!

3 comments:

  1. your new lippie is lovely, mums are great aren't they lol!! The jacket isn't that chavvy haha the print is cool though


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the jacket, and the lipstick. Isn't it great rediscovering old clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lipsticks lovely and I agree with rediscovering old clothes and trying to make them fit into new styles, it means you don't end up blending in with everyone else. Not a bad thing at all

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?