Thursday, 7 April 2011

Hipster Hattie.



Next men's tee shirt, vintage Jaeger skirt from charity shop, Laura Ashley cardi, Cache Cache denim jacket, M&S tights, Office shoes, vintage Jacques Vert belt from charity shop

Sorry if I look a little deranged in these photos, the red eye fixer was not being kind to me today. So, here is my midi skirt that I first posted quite a long time ago. I thought I would attempt to style it again today and look hideously trendy. I am aware that this way of styling midi skirts is so horrifically hipster-ish, but it seems to be the best way to remove them from the granny associations, so I did it anyway.

In other news, handed in my Politics essay today and am well chuffed. I have a month to do my dissertation, which is 6000 words, (well, 6000 left) but I'm just pleased I can focus on that solely now, without Politics getting in the way. I'm heading down to Cornwall on Saturday morning to go on holiday with my family for a week, and will probably not have an internet connection, so I apologise in advance for my absence. I think I will have one post to schedule in before then, so hopefully it won't be too long.

Right now, I'm going to go and get a celebratory Domino's pizza (they recently opened in Aberystwyth, and my god, you have never seen a town so excited about Domino's. Then again, not a huge amount happens out here in the back of beyond.) And I think I will also watch the Crimson Petal and the White- Victorian murky underground with prostitutes? I'm sold. (Hope that doesn't sound too creepy, I just find Victorians fascinating. Hence why I'm writing my dissertation on a Victorian poet and painter and his various representations of women.)

7 comments:

  1. good luck with your dissertation! liking the skirt :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great skirt - I'd love to see what else you'd team it with! I'd probably just go really safe and simple with a black tee.

    Good luck with the dissertation, and enjoy Cornwall! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love everything about how you styled the skirt and who cares if it look hipster. we all need to be a little trendy sometimes lol!!! have fun in Cornwall and good luck with the diss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I NEED a skirt like that for spring! Hipster-ish or not, I really like it. I'm really into awkward lengths at the mo, so this is right up my alley.

    Your dissertation sounds interesting, who are you writing about? And what do you study? Good luck with everything!

    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt and how you've worn it, the denim jacket goes perfectly! You could have walked right in from the 70s!

    Enjoy the pizza, man I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your shoes! Have fun on holiday. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look amazing in that midi skirt.
    good luck with your dissertation!
    x

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?