Sunday, 29 May 2011

Viva Glam Cyndi



Voodoo tee shirt, Silence and Noise skirt from Urban Outfitters, H&M cardi via charity shop, M&S tights and shoes, Eccentric Accessories hairband, Claires Accessories earrings

Yeah I know I'm crap and haven't posted for a week and this is a fairly standard boring outfit. But I don't know, I've been busy. I'm leaving university at the end of this week and have been seeing lots of people, filling in job applications and attempting to start my packing. And sleeping far too much. So, I apologise.

Anyway, I thought I would attempt to placate you all with pictures of my new lipstick. Yes, I know I wasn't meant to be buying any more make-up, but after watching this video, I discovered that Selfridges still had stock of MAC's Viva Glam Cyndi, which came out way before I was properly aware of MAC make up and I thought wasn't on sale anymore. I was a little hesitant about buying it, especially considering I didn't have a chance to see it in person; but then I thought, if I don't like it I just donated £13.50 to helping people with HIV, so it's not exactly the end of the world. I'm not going to go off about how much I love the MAC Viva Glam campaign, because I think that's a little redundant really, because obviously everyone is going to like it. 

So, I bit the bullet and ordered it a few days ago. When it arrived yesterday, I just sat and stared at it for a while, a little terrified that once I tried it I wouldn't like it despite quite liking the colour in the tube. Now, I am not a fan of MAC Lustres, mostly because I like my lipsticks on the matt-er side and I like a lot of pigmentation. Surprisingly though, I really like this lipstick. Whilst it is a little too glossy for me, once I've blotted it, it leaves more of a healthy shine as opposed to a gloss, and it is really nice to be able to wear a lipstick that I don't have to worry about touching up, because it's as simple as just applying it straight from the bullet (with most of my other lipsticks I am extra cautious and apply with a lip brush). Because my lips are naturally pretty damn pink anyway, the colour doesn't make a huge difference to my lips, but it does add a nice pinky sheen and it just helps me look more pulled together. Overall, I am really pleased with this lipstick; it's completely different from any others that I own (because it's so subtle!) but I think it will be a really nice easy daytime option.

So, that was a rather ridiculously in depth review. Sorry if you're not interested in lipstick! Kathy and I shall be heading off on a little day trip on Wednesday, so I shall try and wear something exciting for you then and provide you with pictures. Hope you are all having lovely Bank Holiday weekends.

9 comments:

  1. I love MAC lippie so much, it's the only place I really buy my lipstick from. This is a really nice colour and suits you well. I usually like my lippies on the brighter side but I'd definitely try out this colour too, it's lovely. Good luck with all the jobs applications etc and an early congrats on finishing uni, well done!!!


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Matte MAC lipsticks but i do have viva glam gaga I love that all the money goes to helping people with HIV and AIDS, a cause I'm very passionate about.
    I find the lustre a bit too glossy too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love MAC lipsticks!! Looks great on you! :)
    bisous, nana
    avecdeslunettes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That MAC lipstick looks lovely - definitely a worthwhile investment, PLUS you gave to a good cause. Sweet deal!

    About the photograph, yes I do believe it's the Old College in Aberystywth! It's lovely! How funny. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely, I love the subtlety of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that lippie on you! The colour really compliments your skin.

    Love your outfit too - the bow is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are realy beatiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, How are you?
    Your blog is really charming!!
    I am definitely following!!
    Could you follow me too?
    Oh, follow the new twitter if you can? @_justforgirls
    Kisses kisses
    Alice Dias!!


    http://coisassoparameninasfofis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?