Saturday, 18 June 2011

Rings and things.




M&S blouse via charity shop, M&S cardi, Silence and Noise skirt from Urban Outfitters, M&S tights, Office shoes, Tatty Devine necklace, Bohm beetle ring, purple ring from local jewellery shop

Apologies for the shoddy photo. But that is what happens if I am rubbish and forget to take photos earlier in the day and instead take them at 11 at night. Flash + SPF in foundation = red eye and weird shiny moon face. Anyway. Just a quick outfit post, including a blouse which I bought probably about 6 months ago now but just never got around to showing you. I really love the peter pan collar (which unfortunately you cannot see here) and the dotty pattern. It makes a nice change for me to have black polkadots on white unlike my usual reverse! Ooh, and I don't think you've actually seen the necklace before, despite me owning it since March and wearing it to death and meaning to show you about 20 million times. It was just one of those things where every time I took an outfit photo of it I looked completely dreadful and couldn't show you for the sake of preserving my vanity. Obviously gave up on that today then! It's just a larger version of my wee teeny one (the one I was originally intending to get actually but the lady made me the wrong one by mistake!) and cost an absolute arm and a leg, but it's totally worth it because I've probably worn it more than several necklaces I have lurking around combined. For some strange reason, I don't find myself reaching for necklaces very often; it's a bad habit, and one I must try and snap out of since I have amassed a crapload of jewellery over my 10 years or so.

Speaking of jewellery, here is my latest addition to my ring collection. Even if I don't wear necklaces very often, I never leave the house without some ring on my finger. It's strange, because I never wore them until a few years ago, but now my fingers feel naked and bare without one. I've got quite a wide collection already but not many actual proper rings that don't turn my fingers green, and so am trying to get more that are comfortable. This one was actually purchased in Aberystwyth on my very last day as a memento. I originally went into the shop hunting for a dichromatic glass one, since Kathy has had one for several years that I have been lusting over, but unfortunately they didn't have many of those left and none of them really took my fancy, which was quite annoying since they were reduced! Ah well. Instead I got this beauty. I've been wearing these two as a pair now for about a fortnight and I adore them. Wearing the two together isn't terribly comfy, but I am willing to sacrifice this for the joy I get every time I look down at my hand.

Thank you for all your encouraging comments on my last post. I am really excited now! I actually also found another hair inspiration in the form of Caitlin Moran. I was always a little unsure as to whether maybe go down the silvery grey streak route and finding her has only made me consider this more... what do we think people? Blonde or grey? I don't think white is an option since I'll look about 15. Let me know if you can be arsed to consider this again!

I'm sorry my blogging is a little shoddy at the minute; everything at home is still a little disorganised and I'm still mostly spending my time sorting stuff out so am not leaving the house or wearing particularly exciting outfits. I've got a couple of job interviews next week so shall try and get pictures of the outfits for you. I'm not going to say too much because I don't want to jinx it, but one of them I would just love. I'll explain all if I get it! Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. You're so cute! Love the purple. Good luck sweetie. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you're so pretty! Love the shiny shoes! and the cool beetle dude! Totally rad. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRETTY! You look fab and the bug ring is awesome. We stock bug rings too (ours is a cicada). Would love for you to check it out and hear what you think of it (www.temporary-secretary.com). Hope you are having a great weekend - lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ring of bug like design looks really great I like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad there isn't a close up of your outfit- that blouse sounds super nice :) and the necklace looks too cool! Good luck on your interrviews, hopefully you get the job you really want- I want to know what it is :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm forever forgetting to take outfit photos in decent light - i shan't judge you!! and that beetle ring is fantastic

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your rings! I never wear enough jewelry, but your rings make me want to! And hey, a grey streak could (scratch that) would be cute:)

    http://voicefromthewall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh perfect ring! I can't even tell you how bad I want them :p


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  9. totalllly in love with those rings!

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?