Tuesday, 14 June 2011

'What?! You're dying your hair like a skunk?!'










So, I popped off to the hairdresser the other day for a cut since it's been about 2 months since I've had a proper trim! I will show you soon, but it's basically the same but a little shorter since I wanted to just tidy and sharpen the edges up. My hairdresser has just been tipping the very ends of my hair for about a year whilst I grew it and it had got very wispy and quite straggly looking. It's much nicer and blunter now. My fringe has also been cut back in.

Anyway, point of this post was to tell you I have an appointment booked in 3 weeks for finally getting a blond chunk in my hair! I've been wanting to do this for ages but wasn't sure how well it would work on my dyed black hair, which is very dark brown naturally anyway. I'm not going for the full streaky Daphne/Narcissa look but am hoping to just get a thickish panel underneath my top layer on the left side. I would like to have it right in the roots, a la Kate (I'm sorry I go on about her all the time, especially her hair, but I can't help it, I just adore her!) but it's just too impractical, and according to my hairdresser, would also require different types of dye near the scalp or something, since I will also be getting my black redone at the same time. I was originally wanting it quite white but have decided blonder would be better since I'm already worried about looking quite emo with it, and the whiter it is the more emo I will look! Ideally I would like it to look retro and not emo at all! I may just have to reconsider how I style my hair slightly I suppose. Overall I'm really excited and just hope it looks as awesome as the ladies above. It's probably the most drastic thing I've ever had done to my hair and whilst I am nervous I am also really looking forward to it.

I'm going to stop rambling now, because you can sense my excitement from my many exclamation marks. Has anyone done anything similar to their hair, and are you fans of the skunk look?!

12 comments:

  1. I did something very similar with my hair when I was 13 (that was in the mid-90's!) and everyone at school thought I was nutter. Personally I think it looks great. It's all about the confidence you wear it with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's going to look great! I want to put some different colours in my hair, but the only thing that works with red really is black, and I don't want to look like an emo/scene kid really...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds amazing hattie, can't wait to see the results =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about this myself, but still wasn't sure, so I can't wait to see it on you!


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love imelda may! I think it's a cute look x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I call it 'Rogue' as in Rogue in the Xmen! (I'm an xmen geek you see:P) and she is fantastic and her hair too :) good luck with it, hopefully it turns out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just recently put blonde in my hair as well! I creepstalked photos of Christina Perri and fell in love with her blonde bits. I love it. :)

    Cassie // Coffee & Chopsticks

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha this post made me laugh! i think it looks quite cool! even guys ie. george lamb are trying this sort of thing out. i think it'll look fab! :) you might be interested in my blog giveaway, closes later today :) ronan x

    ronanronanronan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is AWESOME. I love the idea of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. m not a huge skunk look but i love any excuse to mention harry potter
    http://musicfashionandallthatjazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a sim ilar hair style, but with bright red :) I was inspired by modern pin ups!

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?