Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Green with.... gutted.


bag- River Island

So, yesterday was a pretty shit day. I was rejected from the job I really wanted, after getting down to the final 3. Since I didn't actually tell you what it was for, due to trying not to jinx it (fat load of good that did me) it was actually a full time paid shop assistant job in a local charity shop, for who I had volunteered in another shop last summer. I haven't had the feedback yet, so don't know why I didn't get it, but I am just so gutted. I wouldn't mind if it was a job that I perhaps didn't have enough qualifications or experience for, but I seemed perfect for this. They wanted someone with ideas who wanted to help move the shop forward, and I thought I was just the sort of person they were wanting. I'm not sure why I didn't get it, but I am hoping it is not something stupid with me, but just that one of the other candidates was amazing.

The one good thing that came out of yesterday was that my River Island parcel finally arrived. I wanted this bag after seeing it in Grazia about a month ago, but was trying to find it in a shop so I could see how big it was, because the website description is just shockingly bare. But I tried about 3 different stores and none of them stocked it, so in the end I just ordered online. Its taken an age to arrive (just under a week- I have no patience with parcels!) but since it arrived yesterday along with the bad news, I'm not as excited about it as I should be. I do like it, but it is a little on the small side- the difficulty is that it is not definitely too small, but would challenge my bag-hoarding habit somewhat! I think it would do me good to have such a small bag, so I think I will keep it, but I'd like to know your thoughts. It did cost £30 which is a lot for a small non leather bag.

Let me know what you think. I'll try and stop being a whingy miserable cow soon, I promise.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry about the job news Hattie, I know it's hard to hear but we all face a fair few rejections in our time but it just means that you're going t fnd an even better one, I did anyway! Good luck you'll get something great soon ! Love this bag, the colours are lush plus always good to have s little bag in the wardrobe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the whinge :) Aw I totally feel for you (as insincere as that sounds I really do mean it) because the job description sounded great and I'm sure you would've done a great job. Onto brighter horizons as I'm sure you'll find a job soon! Lovely bag too.. although it is a bit pricey for its size and the fact that it's not leather. However, it is bright green with leopard print straps AND an orange interior. All good in my book :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm sorry about the job news. I'm sure you would have been perfect too!Definitely keep the bag, I espied that in Grazia too, it's really cute! And you deserve a cheer-up treat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bag, real statement piece.
    Sorry to hear about the job, how rubbish! I'm sure it means that something better will come along soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the job, but hey, that bag is some pretty incredible commiseration gift to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry about the job debacle :( at least the bag is pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am sorry you didnt get the job - its always devastating when you find something you really want.
    I like the bag - the pop of colour is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the job loss :( I know how you feel with all the rejection recently
    but the bag is perfect to lighten any mood :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about the job. At least maybe it's because there's something even better waiting just around the corner?

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?