Thursday, 25 August 2011

Slapdash.



Topshop dress, Converse trainers, Babyliss hairclip, Next watch

I should write a lot for this post really but I am going to keep it short because I am very, very tired. I apologise for my absence but I had my first proper week at work last week and with getting home at 10 most nights and my sisters and grandmas birthdays on my two free days, before hotfooting it up to London for my course, I just really haven't had the time. By the way, the course is going really well and I am really enjoying it but I still feel very confused about what I am doing with my life. But I shall divulge more information on that after the week is over.

Oh yeah, and I turned 21 on Monday. But didn't really do anything, since I was at the course, but my friend Maddy who I am staying with very kindly baked me a cake and gave me some Maltesers, so that was lovely.
Am doing more thorough celebrations this weekend on my return home.

Speaking of that, I also have a bit of a dilemma with my birthday money... I want to go and buy a Mulberry Alexa from the factory shop in Somerset but am aware that I could spend it on much more useful things like a new laptop or driving lessons. I know you are all going to tell me to get one but I went and had a look at one in Westfield today and whilst I loved it I just don't know whether I can justify that much on a bag.

Right, outfit quickly. Finally got my blond sorted! After another 5 hours in the hairdressers (10 in total) the streak is finally the correct colour! Its still a teeny weeny bit darker in places but that can't be helped really and its not that noticeable. I bought some heated rollers so am hoping to be able to make it more vintage looking soon. In this outfit, I went for a 90s grunge sort of look instead, prompted by this lovely dress I found in the Topshop sale. I am aware it makes my boobs look really weird, but to be honest I don't care. Its comfy and floral and treads the difficult line of twee/edgy. I would have worn it with my Doc Martens but had put them away for summer storage, so had to do with tweed Converses instead! Accessorised with my new favourite lipstick, MAC's Viva Glam I, which I am so grateful I bought. Its the easiest to wear red lipstick I own and I adore it.

Must go to bed. All this commuting malarky is taking it out of me! Apologies this sounds so rushed and more like a note to myself than a proper post!

8 comments:

  1. Happy ! I think you should buy something that you need right now.. and if thats the computer than buy that.. there will be a plenty of time to buy Alexa later on- plus everyone's got one now, *roll eyes* haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday petal! :) I would say that, though the Alexas are beautiful, there are equally lovely bags out there for half the price, be sensible yet a little frivolous :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you! You look great and I love the blonde :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely, I love your hair and that hairclip, and happy birthday!

    The birthday present thing is such a dilemma - I guess you just have to decide what would make you the most happy. If it's a bag then I say hang the cost and go for it(!) but equally if you'd only end up feeling guilty then better to get something else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Your blog is so super cute, i love it all! Plus the background is fantabulous! X

    mydaddyisjamesbond.blogspot.com

    p.s if you have a spare momento take a peek at my bebaroque giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a very happy (albeit belated) 21st birthday. I wonder if you went for the Mulberry Alexa bag or the practical options??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely jacket. Your hair and makeup is adorable! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?