Tuesday, 16 August 2011

A tired bird keeper.




M&S shirt and shoes, Urban Outfitters skirt, Topshop earrings, Bohm beetle ring and purple ring from local shop

Just a very quick post for you all since I had my first shift at work today and am absolutely cream-crackered. This outfit from Sunday contains my new favourite item- this gorgeous bird cage print skirt, which I knew I had to buy straight away the moment I saw Sara wearing it in posts from the Birmingham Blogger Meet Up night out. I am really looking forward to pairing it with my grey boots but didn't want to risk the foot ache when I knew I'd be on my feet for 6 hours the next day! Shoes are also some new ones bought for work, which I will wear outside as well; yet more ugly man shoes for the collection! The nails are the first false nails I have ever worn, which I bought on a whim when I saw them in Boots. Whilst we are allowed to wear nail varnish at M&S, it can't be chipped, so I thought I would try this out as an alternative, because the thought of having to repaint over the chips every day was a little terrifying! I really loved the matt texture and colour so thought I'd give them a go. Unfortunately, despite how great they look, they just do not stay on. Perhaps I didn't apply them very well, but over the course of 3 days every single nail bar the pinkies has come off at least twice and had to be reapplied, which is just not good in my opinion. It was a nice idea, but I shall just have to go back to my varnish! Although I did buy the Models Own Wah nail art pen today with my Boots points so hopefully there may be some exciting nails coming soon.

Right, that's enough chatter, must go to bed! That 6 hour shift is probably the most 'manual' labour I have ever done, and I am so fucking tired. But must be bright and breezy tomorrow for another one!

11 comments:

  1. I get shellac polish done at the salon, it costs £12 for a shape and polish.It stays on for 2 weeks with no chips!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rings and skirt are awesome. Good luck with the manual labour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit! I love the skirt and the beetle ring! I posted the exact skirt and a similar beetle bracelet on my pinterest yesterday and then I spotted your post today! Great minds think alike haha :)
    Rachelle xxx
    inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man - the denim shirt, funky rings, purple nails - it's all awesome! Well, except for the fact that you reminded me I have to get a job. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are fantastic! I hope work isn't too stressful, I am at the same sort of stage :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is gorgeous! I love the print.

    Hope your first shift at work went well, get some good sleeps, sounds like you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooo nice nail polish
    and your ring is unique and quirky!

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely skirt! Congratulations on the job :) (just assuming it's new seeing as though it's your first shift)

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your matching ring and nail polish!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i had the exact same problem at my old work, but then i switched to a clothing store!
    loving your rings btw!

    talesofmonkeyandpig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?