Thursday, 22 September 2011

Mustard and Tangerine.





jumper dress- M&S Limited Collection, Russell and Bromley loafers, earrings from Oxfam, No7 Stay Perfect Tangerine Touch lipstick

So, I finally have a half decent outfit to show you in some half decent photos! I must admit, whilst I basically lounged around the house doing nothing yesterday, it was so nice to be able to do it in my own clothes and make a bit of an effort. You may also notice I have lost some of my hair! I had it cut a few days ago since the growing out wasn’t working very well. I had one horrible short top layer left which was doing my head in and to be honest, whilst the hair was quite long on the bottom, I had nothing really resembling a proper hairstyle. I decided that the sacrifice of a few inches off the bottom was worth it for a decent hairstyle whilst continuing to grow it out. I want to get it all the same length anyway even if it is longer, so this is just how I want it in a shorter version. There is still a bit of the top layer left on the blonde side due to the side parting, but the back and the other side are now all the same length. I am so much happier with it now. I had also forgotten how much my hair loves being in a bob; whilst I had to straighten the blonde side due to the condition of the bleached hair, the other side had no styling done to it other than some very shabby blow-drying. I think my entire childhood of bob has trained my hair somewhat!

Anyway, I’ll stop wittering on about that now. I’ve been waiting to wear this jumper dress for ages now but needed to wait for it to be a little bit chillier. This outfit perfectly sums up how I want my winter wardrobe to look; I am really happy with the 60s vibe with the matching lipstick and earrings. I think I may actually end up wearing these loafers all winter as well! Which would indicate a good investment purchase I suppose. They are so ridiculously comfy. 

Also, I apologise for my hand on my neck pose; it appears to be one of my only good ones! I wanted to include the head shots so you could see my hair a little better and my earrings. I must go now since I have a lot to do before going into work this evening; you won't hear from me until next week sometime since I am going to my boyfriends this weekend. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

7 comments:

  1. That dress is gorgeous and really suits you! I like matching. :)
    Also your house looks pretty cool with the bright orange and yellow on the outside. I'm kind of curious for a picture of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress, the colours are fab and match the lipstick perfectly!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog! Your so cute! You remind me of me actually with the dark hair and glasses :) (creepy much?) Love the dress, gorge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this dress is amaaaazing! i want it :(
    thanks for follow, i'm following you so i can check out all your bargains! :)
    hope you're well. erose xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this dress - so mod yet current!

    xoxo,
    Leah
    www.couturearabesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool (or should I say groovy?) dress. And that orange building is wild! Is that your house?

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?