Wednesday, 25 January 2012

FOTD: Figs and Stilettos.




If I'm going to try and do this Face of the Day malarky I am going to have to get better at taking photos. Preferably ones where I don't look like a ghost from the flash washout and SPF glow! Using the flash though was the only way to show up the colours properly and get the shimmer in the eyeshadow. Anyway, I was attempting to use my Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Stiletto, since its one of those products I always forget about. I used it as a base under Fig. 1 by MAC all over the lid, and Satin Taupe in the crease. I did have blush on but you can't really see in these photos! I teamed it with my version of a nude lipstick (my lips are very pigmented) MAC's Craving, worn with No7 Perfect Lips Liner in Plum. I haven't managed to capture how the Benefit cream shadow added a whole new dimension to Fig. 1, but I did feel rather impressed with my eyeshadow skills today, since I am really just an eyeliner and lipstick kind of girl. Also, my fringe clearly really needs a cut!

I don't know how many of you will be interested really in this sort of thing, so please give me some feedback. However, if you are interested in make-up, feel free to occasionally watch me witter on YouTube. (Although I admit I don't film as often as I would like, due to work and crappy light and the like.)

2 comments:

  1. Heh heh, this is going to sound really random, but I love your word choices like "malarky." I also really like your green eyes. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about Craving, I think of it as a kind of "nude"/lip-coloured lipstick as well! (I foolishly tried "proper" nude lipstick a while back - not pretty.) Lovely makeup x

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?