Tuesday, 14 February 2012

'Lets go to Candy Mountain Charlie...'







The Kooks tee shirt from a concert about 5 years ago!, Moto at Topshop jeans, M&S cardi, Office brogues

make up- MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow, Lancome Artliner, Lancome Doll Eyes mascara, MAC Blush Ombre in Vintage Grape, MAC Rebel lipstick and Magenta lip pencil


Er.... yep, those are UNICORN JEANS. I saw them in Grazia on the Tuesday, and rushed into Topshop at the first opportunity to get my grubby little mitts on them. I wasn't actually expecting them to fit me, since I have never had much luck with Topshop jeans (the age old gappy waist dilemma and they always come about half way down my feet) but these were actually fine, due to them being quite high waisted. However, I must admit they've got the tiniest holes for your feet! I know I have probably got fatter legs than Topshop cater for, but I refuse to believe I have fat heels! I don't think for printed jeans they make me legs look too chunky, so I am quite happy with them on that front. I'm still not entirely convinced about them but I've worn them now so oh well! I just worry that I look like a 15 year old emo, but I probably didn't help myself by teaming them with ridiculously shiny shoes and my blue leather jacket. Which basically meant I looked like Noel Fielding. It seems to happen rather a lot. Hm, what do you think?

(A girl walked past me earlier, probably only about 7, and stared at my legs in absolute WONDER. She even turned around after I'd walked past! It was very funny.)

I thought I'd include some photos of my make up since I actually had time to do something decent today. I know it may not look like I have blush on, but I did, I am just terrified of applying too much so always go subtle! I even did contouring and highlighting, but I'm not sure if you can see that either! Oh well. I had forgotten how much I love this lipstick- I lost it for about 6 months down the back of my bedside table, repurchased it, and then found it again when tidying my room. Fail. Anyway, I donated the spare one to my friend, so it wasn't a complete waste.

I have done absolutely bugger all today other than get my hair cut and have a little wander around my local town, since I worked all last week, with my only day off on Saturday being taken up with going to London for an Oxfam Bloggers Meeting. I had a fantastic time and met some lovely people, and also got to find out about lots of exciting changes and projects in the pipeline. Keep your eyes peeled for some interesting developments!

I'm still feeling rather 'bleurgh' about my hair... I really have to start making more effort with it. I want to do something with it but this blond streak is rather limiting. It just looks really manky with lots of layers in it. I suppose I just need to be patient and let it grow which will hopefully give me some more options. Or ideas.

I don't really have anything more exciting to tell you at the moment... sorry, I'm quite a boring fart really.

13 comments:

  1. I NEEEEEEED those jeans,
    I'm a size 14/16 do you think I'd need to size up??
    (i think i already know the answer but a 34 waist is out of stock on the website) :(

    they look fab on you

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet look! I'm obsessed with those shoes, I've been looking for a pair everywhere! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these, you look amazing and I always think your makeup looks flawless!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those jeans are epic! Are the brogues new? Might have to get myself to Office if so : ) Loved your recent OXfam blog btw - never go anywhere without a reusable canvas bags x

    Ship-Shape & Bristol Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sorry :( I bought them about a year ago now, I think they still do the style, its called Frank, but I don't think they do them in the silver anymore. But if you just want regular brogues they are so, so comfy! I love Office shoes but often find them flimsy and painful, but these are definitely the exception to the rule.

      Delete
  5. Unicorn jeans must be the best thing i've heard in ages! LOVE THEM! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think looking like Noel Fielding is a bad thing at all! Love the outfit, and your hair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this look! Rebel is one of my fave MAC lipsticks and it really suits you! And of course, you cannot go wrong with unicorn jeans, just brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god! Unicorn jeans! So amazing! Love this outfit and your make-up looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thank you! Whilst I appreciate outfit compliments, I almost appreciate make up compliments more, because I always worry whether I'm applying it well!

      Delete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?