Monday, 28 May 2012

Definitely a post of my youth... '90s Mum' and 15-year-old Hippy Aspirations.








first outfit- H&M tee shirt, M&S chinos, Converse trainers, belt from Octopus many moons ago

second outfit- Monsoon Fusion dress, shrug from Polly, Aberystwyth, Carvela sandals

jewellery- M&S watch, beetle ring by Bohm, all other rings from Stars, Aberystwyth, bracelets all Accessorize apart from the star one by Estella Bartlett


I don't think I've actually done one of these 'two outfits, one day' type posts in a long time... ok, have I done one ever? I think there may have been one occasion way back when. Nowadays however it is my lack of social life that prevents me attempting such things. Anyhoo, two outfits from Saturday. One to go food shopping with my Mum (I know how to live life on the edge) and then to go to a barbecue, with my parents (ditto).

So.... turns out those trousers do make me look as humungous as I imagined. There is no getting away from the fact that me in trousers like this has a distinct air of '90s mum' about it. And not in a good way. Oh well, I like them, they're comfy and they go with lots of things. I swear I can be less and less arsed as time goes on. Probably this job/adult-life malarky.

Oh, and I wouldn't have tucked my top in other than the fact I wanted to show off my amazing belt, which never sees the light of day. I meant to photograph it, but the basic gist is- it has Audrey Hepburn on it, and I am sad I don't show her off more.

Ok, and onto the exciting bit of the post. I have been meaning to show you this dress for a very, very long time. I bought it last summer, but haven't had a good opportunity to photograph it yet, and this fairly mediocre snap does not show its full potential. Really, I want Kathy to photograph me frolicking in a field somewhere pretending I'm a faerie. The print and the colours are just absolutely fricking DIVINE, and its all floaty and lovely and has tassels on the drawstrings... I can't explain how much I love it. You may not think its my usual style, but its actually very me at 15, when I was a bit of a hippie. It makes me feel young and pretty and like its OK that its summer and I'm actually sweating out of every bit of my face.

My trusty trio of rings... plus a new beauty fresh from Aberystwyth. I have this thing where I only like wearing rings on my right hand, but I admit, to fit this one on, I did spread across. I think I don't like it because my watch always seems to dominate my left wrist a lot, and plus I also feel that your left hand is for wedding and engagement rings, so you shouldn't clutter up your fingers too much. But yeah, before that boring explanation, like I said, I made an exception to fit all of these on.


Oh, and I do also have some news to tell you. Its a very long and convoluted story, so I'm not going to go into all of it, but, I'm moving in with my boyfriend in a couple of weeks. I'm transferring from my job in Plymouth to a rubbishy 29 hour food contract in Oxford, which I am not really looking forward to. I'm doing it to get my foot in the door of that store and hopefully I shall be able to get something better soon. In the meantime, while I'm only working 29 hours, we are going to stay at his parents (rent would only just be affordable, and I don't want to put us under undue financial pressure, I'll be stressed enough as it is). Its going to be a difficult period, especially since I'm doing irritating 2-8 shifts, but I hope it will all be worth it in the long run. I actually applied for a Visual Merchandising job in the Plymouth store, and passed my assessment, so hopefully as soon as a VM job comes up in Oxford I should be in with a good chance. I'm absolutely cacking it right now, and I hope you'll understand if posting is a little erratic in the next month or so while I get settled. This shouldn't effect blogging much at all in the long term, but you'll have to patient with me as I try and sort out my life!


6 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous in both of these, I love the dress! Good luck with the job, it WILL all be worth it in the end! <3

    Maria xxx

    P.S. Can I just steal your jewellery please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there to do some field frolliking photography with you! The dress is a beaut! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your style is so cool! i love the way you wear poppy dresses! hugs from milan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is absolutely GORGEOUS, and you look lavvly in it too. I hope the move is going/has gone well, I'm not surprised you're scared, you'd be insane not to be. I'm sure something'll crop up soon, but I've got my fingers crossed for you all the same! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress - you look fab! Good luck with the move :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. purple is such a gorgeous colour on you! I think those jeans look great!

    ps yes I was wearing skin coloured tights with my vans - total crime against fashion but it's better than me getting my freezing white legs out!

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?