Monday, 23 July 2012

How many stripey tops can one girl own? Answer- far too many.







men's River Island tee shirt, H&M skirt, M&S moccasins, Topshop earrings, Stolen Thunder ring


Firstly- how hilariously white are my legs in the top photo?! No, this is in fact not the blog of an ordinary girl, I'm actually a vampire.

Er.... so, this isn't exactly a terribly exciting outfit to return with. I feel the need to explain my absence but you already know why I have been gone for a while, the whole leaving home and moving in with the boyfriend thing and getting a new job and whatnot. Everything is fine, nothing very exciting has happened. Turns out that commuting for about 3 hours a day and working 2-8 shifts isn't terribly conducive to a social life, or actually seeing said boyfriend very much, but oh well. I have actually applied for 2 other jobs at work with full time hours which I am pretty hopeful about. We might also be moving to Oxford soon, but everything is still very up in the air, and so I'm trying not to get too excited about anything right now. Lots of things could soon be sorted out but my life is still in quite a temporary stage and I'm just trying to get on with things for now. I'm sorry to sound so cryptic, I just don't want to reveal everything all over the internet before stuff has actually been finalised! Anyway, I'm fine, I'm going to stop wittering on now and sounding completely self-absorbed.

I must admit the sudden burst of sunshine we've had this weekend has completely confused me. I can't remember what you wear! So, I went for something ridiculously simple, partly inspired by Fritha's recent outfit. I actually only have this tee shirt because Grant ordered it online for himself, not realising about the boatneck... silly boy. So I pinched it instead. I slapped on some lipstick to make myself look like I'd made some sort of effort and that was it really, couldn't even be bothered with lots of jewellery like usual. Too hot!

The other problem with my current shift pattern is that I work 5 days on, 1 day off, before doing another 5 days with a then 3 day weekend. This makes outfit photos kind of tricky... especially at the moment, I'm just not really enjoying taking photos. I don't want to take photos of every single day I have off, but likewise I need to provide you all with something... like I said in my previous post, I am going to have to make an effort to finally do something else with this blog. I always feel the need to create some kind of structure to my blogging if I am going to incorporate other posts, but I think I should probably just whack in whatever and see how it goes.

Basically, please have patience with me while I figure out how blogging fits in with my life at the moment. I would be grateful for any kind of suggestions or comments on what you guys like to read. Comments have dried up somewhat at the minute, which I know is due to my irratic posting, but I would really appreciate hearing what you think. This blog is my own creative space but I really want to know why you all keep reading.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. I dread to think how many stripey tops I own! Love your blog, it's so personal to you!

    www.littlekjf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own at least 13 stripey tops, probably closer to 20 by now! I read this blog because I love your style and writing and obviously you are fab in person too!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?