Tuesday, 29 January 2013

French Skincare Reviews.



Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum, Bioderma Crealine TS H20 Micelle Solution, NUXE Reve de Miel Lip Balm

Ok, so I have been meaning to write this post for about 4 months *cough cough* Please excuse me, I s'pose  better late than never?! I bought these few bits of skincare way back in September, when I went to Paris with my boyfriend. I had compiled a list before I went of items I would like to try, and did have to try a few pharmacies before finding all these. I would have liked to have tried a few more but I didn't want to have a hideously heavy bag for the journey back!

So, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure whats the point of me adding my two cents worth to the crazy amounts of reviews these products have online, but you know, I said I was going to try my hand at this beauty stuff. Now, I'm sure any of you that read any kind of beauty blogs or watch YouTube will have heard of the infamous Bioderma. Its basically a cleanser that works by breaking down the oils in your make-up (I think....?) I have been using this every day, morning and night since the middle of September and am still only half way through the bottle. Now, I'm not going to lie, this is mainly due to laziness. Before that, I was using the Ultrabland cleanser by Lush, but that tended to be a bit messy. The great thing about the Bioderma is that you whack a bit on a cotton pad, wipe over your face and the make-up has gone. I have very sensitive dry skin, with a lot of redness, so a lot of products make my face sting. This did a little at first, but my skin seems to have gotten used to it now. I also have pretty damn sensitive eyes, and if I use this to remove my eye make-up it doesn't irritate. I however personally still prefer to use the Simple Eye Make-up Remover for my eyes, but if I was going away I could get away with just this. It removes all your make-up in one go and leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean. The only thing I personally dislike is the smell- despite it claiming to be non-fragranced, it instead has that really strong cleaning product smell. I am happy to use it though because it removes my make-up so well! I should probably be using some other kind of cleanser on my face as well, since I think this is primarily meant as a make-up remover, but I'm a little lazy with my skincare, despite having about six tonnes of creams and potions in my bathroom cabinet. Saying that, as someone with dry sensitive skin, this doesn't dry my skin out or makes me react adversely in any way.

The Caudalie SOS Serum is a hydrating serum for dehydrated skin. Now, this stuff was expensive. If I remember correctly, around £25 for the bottle... but I am yet to finish it, and I think overall the bottle will have lasted me about 6 months, so I don't think that's too extortionate in the long term. I have likewise been using this daily, underneath another moisturiser. If I use just one moisturiser, my skin can still be quite tight, so layering this underneath really helps, especially when I go to apply my foundation. However, it doesn't feel like too much on my skin, as it sinks in very quickly. I really love this serum, it makes my skin feel so cool and soft. It has a gorgeous fruity smell, and its a real treat when I go to put this on in the morning. Despite the price tag I think I will find myself having to repurchase this when I run out!


Oh, and now the real Holy Grail item. I myself have never been a massive fan of lip balms. My sister is one of those girls who has always got about 6 on her at any one time, hidden in various pockets and bags. I however used to really struggle to remember to apply it. However, as I found myself wearing lipstick more and more, I realised the importance of properly prepping my lips to avoid that horrible tight lip feeling. I also generally hate potted lip balms since I find them messy and unhygienic. For this however I will make an exception. It is the best lip balm I have ever used and I won't ever try another one! It goes on very thick, almost like a paste, but it doesn't disappear into your lips like others do. Instead it sits there and continues to nourish and soften your lips for hours on end. You know when you go to rub your lips and the balm has all gone? That never happens with this lip balm. I put it on in the evening before I go to bed and its still there in the morning. I just adore it. I have two pots now, one for in my handbag to have on me at all times and one next to my bed, for late night application. NUXE is actually now available at M&S, so you don't need to cross the Channel for this one, or pay expensive delivery fees. Whilst £9.50 seems a lot for a lip balm, the pot lasts forever and really, I could not do without it now.


On the whole I was really chuffed with the French skincare I tried. I'm not going to be one of those crazy ladies who comes back with a whole suitcase of the stuff, but I shall make sure I stock up on these items next time I'm on the Continent. Saying that, I think they've all become so integral to my skincare routine I may need to buy them online in the meantime!

I hope you've found this helpful, (just in case you hadn't already read 6 billion reviews of these products), and I promise I'll try and be a little more succinct next time. I won't usually be reviewing skincare, just showing you pretty lipstick, so it will hopefully be a little more interesting!

Oh, and my latest Oxfam post has just gone up- go have a nosey.

4 comments:

  1. I love product reviews! i buy most of my stuff based on other people's opinions. The cleanser sounds lush

    Rachel
    xoxo
    www.procrastinatingrachel.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to Paris this weekend and I'm going to stock up on Bioderma, it's my favourite skin care product. I always go a bit mad in a French pharmacy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try Bioderma, it sounds amazing!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just trying out Bioderma and I'm really liking it.

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?