Sunday, 27 October 2013

A Hint of Hanna Barbera





Limited Edition at Marks and Spencer coat, 'We've Got Some Work To Do Now' tee-shirt by Threadless, Pins and Needles skirt from Urban Outfitters, United Colors of Benetton cardigan, Vans trainers from Schuh, Claire's Accessories earrings


Oh my word, I like having uniform width pictures, but I have been faffing around all afternoon on GIMP to get these images sorted out! Now I have a banging headache *sighs* Oh well, I will get this post done, and then get myself some dinner on and settle down to watch Strictly and Downton.

I'm not sure where to start with this outfit because it has so many things I love! Right, tee-shirt first. I'd seen this design a while ago but unfortunately it sold out before I could buy it. It recently came back into stock so I placed an order straight away, whilst also getting this rather amazing hoodie. It's a little annoying because they have to ship from America, but my boyfriend loves their tee-shirts anyway, so we just did a joint order to spread the postage cost. I've always had this massive thing about Velma from Scooby Doo, and this print of her as a kick-ass zombie killer was just too good to pass up. (I think some of Grant's zombie obsession may have rubbed off on me a little too.) It's a really nice fit, with a flattering scoop neck and decent sleeves, rather than those flimsy cap ones they tend to put on most 'girl fit' tee-shirts. Basic point here, I'm obsessed, and so obsessed I've ordered myself another because I know I will wear this to death.

I got this skirt a few weeks ago when I went home at the weekend, and I've barely taken it off since. I'd seen a girl wearing a similar skirt/tee-shirt combo a while back, and I realised I needed a high-waisted skirt that actually covered my bum, unlike this other beautiful Urban Outfitters one, which I love but am just too terrified to wear. It's really comfy and hides a multitude of sins, although I must say in this picture it does seem to make me look a little pregnant! Oh well.

The cardigan is one I picked up when I was in France. I really loved the darker trim and elbow patches, and it's a lovely soft knit as well. I can't ever have too many cardigans!

These new Vans are just a replacement for my other brogue-style ones which are almost dead and gone (I should throw them out really but I can't bear to.) I must admit I prefer the slimmer style of my old ones, because they were more flattering on both my massive feet and also the calves! I don't seem to be able to get hold of the slimmer ones though, so these will have to do I suppose.

And finally, the coat. When I first saw this at work a few weeks ago, I had to talk myself out of buying it straight away, since I had already bought myself a winter coat! However, when I noticed it was flying off the rail rather quickly, I gave in and bought it. I just absolutely adore it. The amazing 60s cut, the boucle tweed fabric, the pockets... and obviously, the amazing orange colour teamed with the leopard print collar. The combination reminds me somewhat of the Flintstones! It's not one for everyone, but in my eyes a coat that makes you look like you belong in Bedrock can only be a good thing. Unfortunately its now sold out online, but there might be one or two left in store if you're lucky.

Wow, so this is a ridiculously long post. In other news, I've had a rather exhausting week at work but I had an amazing time at my Lindyhopper class on Thursday. I also went to Headington in Oxford yesterday to do some charity shopping, and came away with a dress, top, scarf and cardi all for £23! Well chuffed. I'm planning on doing a little haul post later this week. Anyway, better go and get some dinner on and get snuggled on the sofa ready for Downton. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend and that the storms don't cause too much havoc, unlike the wind earlier which resulted in my skirt and hair blowing everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. I love that top Hattie! I'm not a big scooby-doo fan but I do like lady zombie-killers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hattie you look stunning here and I NEED that coat!

    P.S. I can get to Oxford for 11.26 in 9th, does that work for you??

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?