Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Caitlin Moran was right.






Oh, the irony of wishing for some good light to take photos and then you have one of those beautiful sunny days which bleaches all the colour out. I have tried editing these to get the colour more true to life and not so wishy washy, but unfortunately every time I tried to adjust something it just looked weird, so I've had to leave them as they are. Also, apologies for the weirdness of my feet. They're such ugly things, but I wanted to show you my rather fabulous new sandals from Clarks. Granted, they look a little granny-esque from the side, with their moderate cork heel, but they are so. damn. comfy. I wore them for 4 days straight. Brand new from the box, no blisters, red raw patches or anything. I love them for their slightly ugly 70s vibe and the mustard colour- Caitlin Moran was so right, yellow shoes do go with everything.

I hope this dress looked more flattering in real life than it does in these photos! I hate it when something looks OK in front of the mirror, but as soon as you stand still for a photo it has the ability to make you look like a sack of potatoes. But anyway, its comfortable, paisley print and comprises several of my favourite colours.

These photos were taken on Saturday when we went for a day trip to Kelmscott Manor, William Morris' holiday home in the Cotswolds. Irritatingly I had taken my camera but had left my memory card in my laptop... *facepalm* Despite my little hiccup, I still enjoyed being a massive Rossetti geek (oh dissertation how I miss you) and my boyfriend even enjoyed himself a little, which is frankly a miracle. He is not one for looking around old houses generally, so I was pleased that he didn't just feel like my personal taxi!

Does anyone have any nice plans for the Bank Holiday weekend? I've got a birthday party to go to on Saturday, and then a family meal on Sunday evening. The rest of the time shall be spent preparing my flat ready for my Mum to visit for a quick stay over half-term.

Now I must off to bed, because I need to get up a little earlier in the morning to go to the polling station. I urge you as an ex-Politics student to please go and use your vote tomorrow! Nothing gets me more angry than a young generation who complain about politics not engaging with them when they refuse to use one of their most basic rights. You don't have to agree with everything a party or candidate says to vote for them. Going for the one that best represents your views (even if not in every aspect) is much better than not voting at all.

Lecture done now. Goodnight.


2 comments:

  1. Kelmscott Manor sounds ace and you look lovely here, let's see each other soon please!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of Caitlin Moran, but I agree with her whole-heartedly. Yellow shoes do go with everything! Actually, yellow anything goes with everything! I love the charming 1970s vibe of your lovely (so not ugly!) new sandals, especially against the pitch-perfect backdrop of those darling daisies.

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?