Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Les Insectes.






Limited Collection at Marks and Spencer top (old), M&S Collection at Marks and Spencer maxi skirt, Office sandals c/o House of Fraser, necklace from Arts at the Old Fire Station Shop, vintage bangle


Apologies firstly for the not fantastic quality of these photos. I had left it a little late in the day when I took these and for some reason in the standing shots I am pulling all kinds of weird faces. Hopefully a little editing has sorted out the lighting but it can't magic away my grumpy expression!

These photos were taken about a month ago whilst I was on holiday with my family in France. The weather there for the first week was lovely- it was warm but not so much that I felt like a big sweaty jelly. This top is not the most flattering to wear due to its rather short boxy shape but its lovely and thin for the summer months and paired with my trusty black maxi skirt (I've barely taken the thing off all summer) it was a comfy option for a sunny day.

Another item I wore consistently whilst I was there were these gorgeous sandals which were kindly sent to me by House of Fraser. The rose gold colour meant they went with practically everything and the strapped design managed to make my feet look (almost!) elegant.

I bought this vintage bangle about 6 months ago from a favourite vintage stall at Lou Lou's Vintage Fair, and have been meaning to photograph it ever since. I absolutely love it, but it doesn't seem to be everyone's cup of tea due to the real-life bugs suspended in the plastic!

And finally, my parents bought me some new specs for my birthday. What do you think? I am mega chuffed with them, and after wearing contact lenses full-time for around 7 years, I am finally letting my eyes have a break. I'm actually considering cancelling my contact lenses direct debit and just having a few pairs of dailies on standby. I wanted something a bit more masculine than my cat-eyes but it was a little tricky finding something that suited my square face. The slightly winged out shape of these work to balance everything out.

Whilst these pictures make me slightly nostalgic for a cool summer breeze I must admit I am desperate for it to become properly autumnal so I can wear my Dr Martens boots and big huge scarves again! Is anyone else impatient for Autumn?

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving that bangle, real bugs and all. Also, the line "but not so much that I felt like a big sweaty jelly" made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those glasses look great on you! perfect match! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look incredible here, I LOVE those sandals and of course, that bracelet!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?