Sunday, 28 September 2014

New Necklaces.






beetle ceramic necklace by François Echappé, triangle necklace by Wolf and Moon from Arts at the Old Fire Station Shop, feather necklace from Aspire Style, bird skull necklace from Moon Raven Designs on Etsy


I'm sure you all know by now that I am something of a magpie. Despite the fact I wear the same jewellery most days (see my holy triumvirate of rings) I can't help myself when I see something pretty, especially if that something is made by an independent designer. Here are a few pieces I have recently acquired (two I bought myself, two were gifts) that I have been particularly pleased with.

The ceramic beetle necklace is one I bought recently on holiday from a small arts cooperative. When I first got it it didn't have the worn-away grey bit on the side; that was due to me carrying it around in my handbag... I quite like it though, I think it adds a bit of a 'lived-in' feel to it. As in my last post, bug jewellery is some of my favourite; I like that this one looks pretty classy and simple but still has that creepy crawly factor!

The acrylic and wood necklace was a rather lovely present I received upon finishing my internship. Even though gold is not usually my chosen colour, I love the mixture of textures that you get from the combination of materials used. Its sufficiently neutral to go with a lot and I know that it will get a lot of wear in the autumn/winter months.

I'm sure I've mentioned Aspire Style on this blog at least once or twice; its basically one of those shops I can't go into without buying something. I originally bought this necklace for a friend for her birthday, and had to go back for one for myself when I kept lusting after it on social media! Its really nice to wear with pieces that are a bit more open around the neckline because of the way it sits on your collarbones. Its simple enough to go with lots of things but can also add that finishing touch to an outfit.

And finally, the slightly controversial one... Now, I know this necklace may not be everyone's cup of tea. But as I'm sure you can tell from my bug jewellery obsession, I do like my shinies a little on the morbid side. I asked for this sterling silver necklace for my birthday because I wanted something to wear everyday that was a little more unusual than a standard chain. I had been looking at Moon Raven Designs on Etsy for a long time; the shop stocks an amazing array of beautifully detailed pieces in many different finishes. It took me a while to decide which one I wanted but I settled on this small bird's skull. It's the perfect size for everyday wear and feels so well-made.

I'm having a rather relaxing weekend, catching up on some housework and doing a bit of baking, before settling down for Downton tonight- very excited!


2 comments:

  1. That feather necklace is ace! I always love your jewellery, you have some really unusual pieces!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bird skull Hattie. I like how such much of your jewellery is nature themed, and I think the morbid adds a little edge to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

You have no idea how smiley receiving this comment will make me- care to share some ramblings in response?